Hillside School has an independent Counselling Psychologist who provides the following services:
- One-to-one therapeutic sessions with our young people, which applies an attachment-based therapeutic approach focusing on assisting our young people in rebuilding trust with important people in their life. It centres on coping with trauma, expressing emotions, help with anxiety, and improving overall wellbeing and function.
- Psychological assessment of young people and reports for LAAC Reviews and Children's Hearings.
- Individual support to staff, parents and carers
- In-house training for staff on Attachment, Stress, Trauma and Resilience.
- Facilitating regular reflective practice group sessions with care and educational staff.