Hillside School engages the services of an independent Chartered Counselling Psychologist who provides the following services:
• One to one therapeutic sessions with the young people. Applying an attachment based therapeutic approach which focuses on aiding the young people in rebuilding trust in others and centres on expressing emotions. Helping prevent or treat anxiety or depression and improve overall wellbeing and functioning.
• Psychological assessments of young people and reports for LAAC Reviews and Children’s Hearings.
• Individual support to staff and parents on an ad hoc basis.
• In house training to staff on topics in the field of psychology, e.g. Attachment Theory, Stress Management and Resilience.
• Facilitating regular reflective practice sessions with care and educational staff in group format.